Champions are often molded by their experiences, but they can also be born winners. Coaches, teachers, and parents can help guide players identify their most important characteristics. Here are five characteristics of champions:
- Commitment: Staying true to what you said you are going to do even when the going gets tough
- Discipline: Getting good at saying ‘No’ to get good at saying ‘Yes to the right things
- Consistency: Showing up regardless.
- Faith: Believing that the odds are beatable even if they seem impossible “Raise your sights, blaze new trails, COMPETE WITH THE IMMORTALS!” David Ogilvy
- Resilience: Suffer now and spend the rest of your life as a champion – Muhamad Ali